Monday, September 19, 2011

9/11: Thank you and Remember

State Farms Thank You
     Commercial: I do not like the song, but I did like that way that it was used. Having the children singing it as a thank you to the firemen was really touching.
     Behind the scenes: This behind the scenes made me tear up a little. Listening to the children talk about how much they liked doing the project made me happy. Many of these kids were probably too young to remember 9/11, so it is very heartwarming to hear them say that they love New York and wanted to thank the firemen for protecting and helping the people of New York.

Miller Gallery
I like how it is simple but very symbolic. It is a simple black on white etching depiction of the papers and debris falling from the exploding towers. While you can see the paper falling, at the bottom of the drawing, it all blends into a mesh of what used to be floors off the ground. Some of the elements and principals that the picture has are color and space. The color reminds me of all the dust that came from the building. Nothing could be seen through all of the dust, but when it began to clear, debris from the building could be seen against the white ashes. The use of space was something that I liked about this piece.The whole page is used in this drawing. This shows how much was falling and gathered on the ground below.

I always have a tinge of pain whenever I'm reminded of 9/11. For every image of the towers, I felt sad. I think of all the people who were in the towers and how they didn't deserve to go.         

No comments:

Post a Comment